The Rocket City Rowing Club Juniors program is open to middle and high school youth from Madison County and surrounding areas. Most RCRC Juniors do not know how to row when they come to the program. Our talented coaches teach the youth to row, and train them to compete in regattas across the Southeast Region. The spring season culminates in the USRowing Youth National Championships held each summer.
Our Juniors are highly successful and have competed at the national level for more than a decade. These outstanding youth are recognized in our Hall of Fame. Our Juniors have gone on to row at various colleges including Brown University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Tennessee, Clemson, Amherst, University of Alabama, Auburn, and Murray State.
Our Mission Statement
• To develop middle and high school youth, through the competitive sport of rowing, into young men and women of character, honor and integrity.
• To provide a program that fosters personal and team success - defining this success by performing to our maximum potential - as individuals as well as a team. Through this success, we will create opportunities for collegiate scholarships and other post-secondary school achievement.
• To develop lifelong friendships, healthy lifestyles and model citizens in the youth who pass through our program. Create a sense of community, foster healthy competition, instill values of sportsmanship, teamwork, commitment and excellence that will carry on throughout life.
The RCRC Junior rowing program seeks, as its primary goal, to create opportunity for personal growth in young men and women through the sport of competitive rowing. Participation within our programs will not only introduce athletes to rowing; but ultimately to themselves, as they continue to define their potential and place in this world. Above all, we believe participation in the RCRC Junior Rowing Program will bring opportunity for our athletes to advance to distinguished Colleges and Universities, create successful careers and have fulfilling personal lives. Having been, in no small part, directly influenced by the hard work, discipline, time management and goal setting skills they developed while being involved with our team.
Summer Practice Schedule:
- T 5:00 -6:30 pm
- TH 5:00-6:30 pm
- Sat 9:30-12:00
Fall and Spring Practice Schedule:
- M,T,TH,F 4:30-6:30 pm
- Wednesday Off
- Sat 9:30-12:00
Winter Practice Schedule:
- Indoor Workout T,TH 5:00-6:30 pm at the Boathouse
- Sat 9:30-11;30 am On the Water Weather Permitting, if not, indoor training at Boathouse
The Rocket City Rowing Club Juniors program offers an opportunity for young men and women to participate in an exciting, healthy activity, and a sport that is unique in Alabama. Rowing is a lifelong activity that can be enjoyed through high school, college, and adult life (see our Masters Program for more information about adult rowing). Additionally, crew develops skills in teamwork, leadership, and communication.
Students interested in rowing should contact the Juniors Team Head Coach or the Juniors Team Booster's Director.
For current events and schedule, see the calendar.